On the Subject of Not Morsematics
Get it? Because it uses neither morse nor maths! I'll see myself out...
- Five letters are being received on loop, with a pause between repeats of the loop.
- Only a thin section of each letter is shown at a time, progressing from top to bottom.
- The transmitted letters can be unscrambled to form a five letter word from the list in this manual.
- Use the transmitted word (TX) and the unscrambled word (UX), to determine the two suborders, use the first match for each.
- Pressing the button on the right will open the hatch, revealing four distinctly coloured tetromino shaped keys, and start a 99 second timer.
The transmission is paused for the duration the hatch is open.
- Using the pieces present, construct the master command:
- Remove the shapes and colours that are not present from the suborders.
- Use the first matching rule to combine the suborders into a single sequence.
- For each overriding rule that applies, swap the corresponding pairs of digits in the master command in the order they apply.
- Enter the final sequence by pressing the matching keys in order, and submit the sequence with the button on the right.
- If the timer counts down to zero, the sequence that has been entered thus far is automatically submitted.
- If the submitted sequence is incorrect, the keys will regenerate the next time the hatch is opened.
|There are no Violet or O pieces||1 and 8|
|There is a Magenta S or Z piece||2 and 3|
|There is a Cyan or Yellow I piece||4 and 6|
|There are no Red or Blue pieces||3 and 5|
|There are no L or J pieces||2 and 7|
|There is a Blue O or T piece||4 and 7|
|There are no Green pieces||1 and 5|
|There is no I piece||6 and 8|