On the Subject of Not Probing
Well if it’s not that kind of probing, it’s got to be that kind of probing. Oh my…
- Each wire contains two components: a word and a swap rule. The word is a random word from the featured word list, and the swap rule consists of two distinct numbers from 1 to 6.
- Two clips can be placed on the wires. Do not leave two clips attached for 6 seconds or more, for this will submit an answer.
- When two wires are connected, a swap will be performed. The word of the blue (first) clip and the swap rule of the red (second) clip will be taken.
- The letters of the word in the positions corresponding to the two digits of the swap rule will swap locations and the word will be displayed on the screen.
The Blue Clip
- Determine the swap rules for each of the 6 wires and use their numbers in the below table to obtain 6 wires.
- If the first digit and last digit of the serial number are both even or both odd, the blue clip must be attached to the wire which appears twice.
- Otherwise, the blue clip must be attached to the wire which doesn’t appear.
The Red Clip
- Start in the top left corner of the word list, and move forward in reading order a number of spaces equal to the sum of the serial number digits. The table loops around from start to end.
- If the word at this position appears on the module, and its wire is not already connected to the blue clip, attach the red clip to the wire with the obtained word.
- Otherwise, progress in reading order until a present word is reached.
SOLVING THE MODULE (important!)
To solve the module, perform swaps so that the words belonging to the two wires which need to be clipped are unscrambled. Attach the clips to their corresponding wires, and leave them there for 6 seconds.