On the Subject of Not Text Field
It’s trivial. Just 6 letters out there, each with only 5 rules! Wait, what did you say? It’s more complicated than that?
- There will be a 3×4 field of letters with 4 distinct letters. One of the letters will appear 9 times, while each other letter only appears once.
- To begin, press the letters which appear once in alphabetical order.
- Three more letters will appear. Press these in a certain order. Repeat this until every cell is pressed.
|If the ... is even,||Then:||Else:|
|A||# of batteries||Red||Green|
|B||# of ports||Red||Blue|
|C||# of lit indicators||Green||Red|
|D||# of unlit indicators||Green||Blue|
|E||First serial # digit||Blue||Red|
|F||Last serial # digit||Blue||Green|
- Use the diagram according to the letter which appeared 9 times.
- Take the first unique letter in alphabetical order and find it within the diagram.
- Follow the arrow according to the first pressed letter of the previous stage in the table.
- Do this with the second and third accordingly. These are the mapped letters.
- Once all three letters have had their mappings determined, press them based on their mapped letters in alphabetical order.
- If multiple letters have the same mapped letter, order them by their displayed letter.