On the Subject of...?
“Memory… is the diary we all keep with us.” ~Oscar Wilde.
I never was the type to keep a diary.
See Appendix BLANK in Blind Alley for blank modules identification.
Where… am I? What is my purpose? What am I programmed to do?
Though I don’t remember what I am or what I was meant to do, I do know a few things about myself.
- I am a blank module. I look like modules that have come before. When selected, I emit a sound but I do not crack open.
- I may not be touched more than once without knowing what my purpose is.
- I must… remember what I am meant to do.
Maybe if I think about it, I’ll find out what my purpose is.
- When I am tapped for the second time, I’ll remember a two-digit number and display it on the module. This number should be used in The Memory Banks.
- Use the tens digit along the left and the ones digit along the top of The Memory Banks to get a color.
- If I am pressed again after I remember the two-digit number, I will go into a logic dive. My mental process will show up on the module as a 3x3 grid of colored squares. The colors of the squares will shuffle every other second.
- The color from The Memory Banks that you got earlier is on the module. This square should be clicked. If done correctly, I should remember what my purpose was, and I should become a solvable module.
- If an incorrect color is selected, I can sense it. I’ll strike, and I’ll forget everything I’ve done so far. I’ll go back to my completely forgetful state and will display another number upon two clicks. I will also strike if six seconds go by since I start my logic dive, as my memory fades rather quickly.
- Instructions on what to do when I am complete start on page 3.