On the Subject of RGB Arithmetic
These aren't numbers, what am I supposed to do with these!?
The module has two 4x4 grids of RGB colours with LEDs in each corner.
Each colour gives three digits, corresponding to each colour channel:
- If the channel is not present at all, the digit is "-".
- If the channel is maximised, the digit is "+".
- Otherwise the digit is "0".
Each LED on the corners of each screen corresponds to a transformation to be applied to the respective colour channel on the grid:
- Bottom left- Swap the rows and columns i.e. A2 ↔ B1.
- Top left- Flip the grid horizontally.
- Top right- Flip the grid vertically.
- Bottom right- Invert the channel i.e. + ↔ -.
If the same transformation is applied to multiple channels, its respective LED additively mixes the corresponding colours.
The module has three stages:
- No transformations are applied to either grid.
- The same transformations are applied to all three colour channels.
- No limitations on which transformations can be applied.