On the Subject of Recolour Flash
Dictum ex sequentia: “If you think you can’t, you can’t. If you think you can, you still can’t.”
- A Recolour Flash module continously cycles through eight different words in eight different colours.
- Each of the positions in the sequence represent a direction, starting from north, and going clockwise. When the direction is north, the word will rapidly flash.
- Exactly two positions in the sequence have matching words and colours. Note down the directions of these two positions, and translate them to Semaphore notation.
- You also will start in a random position in a 4 by 4 field of letters. This grid of letters is a Word Search puzzle. Exactly one word from the word list below will appear in the grid.
Move in the grid by pressing YES or NO exactly once during a timer tick.
- Pressing YES on an EVEN digit will move you RIGHT in the grid.
- Pressing YES on an ODD digit will move you LEFT in the grid.
- Pressing NO on an EVEN digit will move you DOWN in the grid.
- Pressing NO on an ODD digit will move you UP in the grid.
- Reaching the edge of the grid will wrap you around to the other side.
- To select the starting or ending position, press either button more than once during a timer tick.
- The first position you select will be the starting position. The second position you select will be the ending position. If you select the starting position while it has already been selected, it will deselect it.
- If the starting and ending positions result in the chosen word being selected, the module will disarm.