On the Subject of Schlag den Bomb
I'm not sure if this is easier or harder than adding hundred-digit numbers... Maybe both?
- In Schlag den Bomb, games are played by the bomb and a contestant in numerical order, starting with 1, regardless of the order in which their categories are determined, and are worth the number of points equal to their game number. The first player to reach 61 points wins; games after that remain unplayed.
- Translate each letter in the bomb’s serial number to its position in the alphabet to obtain six numbers from 0 to 26.
- Determine which six games are Oddball games. The first Oddball game is played in the position equal to the first number of the six, wrapping back to 1 if the number is greater than 15. If the first number is a 0, then game 15 is the first Oddball game.
- Advance games equal to the second number, wrapping around if needed and skipping games already assigned a category. (If you encounter a 0, go to the next unassigned game and assign it as an Oddball game.) Then proceed likewise with the remaining numbers.
- Determine which three games are Physical games by using the number of ports to determine three more numbers from the table below, then advancing in the same way as you did for Oddball games. Assign a win to the contestant for the first N Physical games in the order that you determined them to be Physical games, where N is the contestant’s Physical rating.
- Do the same for Mental games, then Quiz games, as you did for Physical games, but with batteries and indicators, respectively. Remember: games are played in numerical order, not the order categories were determined.
- Mark contestant wins on the contestant’s scoreboard by pressing the appropriate button such that the button’s background turns white. Mark Oddball games such that the games marked as contestant wins match the total number of points the contestant has. Finally, mark unplayed games, then press the “!” submit button.