On the Subject of Security Council
You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Permanent Member.
- This module contains 3 action buttons, a name display, a stage counter, and 5 flag displays on the left. These flags represent 5 of the 10 nations currently on the
United Nations Security CouncilSCSC (Steel Crate Security Council). The stage counter starts at “00” and adjusts with every solved module*.
- Every time a module is solved*, the solved module’s name is placed on the name display, and an action must be taken before the next solve.
- Selecting an incorrect action will result in a strike. The module’s name will remain on the display until the correct action is used.
- The possible actions and their corresponding buttons are establishing peace (a peace sign), deliberating (a right arrow), and authorizing military force (a sword).
- Every 10 stages, the 5 non-permanent members of the Security Council will cycle out and another 5 sets of flags will be displayed on the module. These countries’ conditions replace the 5 old countries’ conditions.
- Once all other modules* have been solved, the flag displays will reveal the 5 permanent members of the Security Council. In this final state, press the action button that has had the most successful presses. If there is a tie, press any of the tied buttons. The module will solve after this press, but will strike on an incorrect press and wait for a correct press.
- Performing an action without a module being prompted will result in a strike. Solving another module before selecting the correct action for a previously-solved module will result in a strike and replace the pre-existing module’s name with the newly solved module’s name. The correct action for the replaced module does not count towards the final’s state’s tally.
The Security Council’s Voting System, Members, and Conditions
- Each country comes with a condition that is applied to the module during each voting process. If the condition is true, the country puts forth 1 vote. If not, the country does not affect the vote count.
- The SCSC always includes five Permanent Members that are not displayed on the module. These countries are China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. For the purposes of this module, these countries’ votes are weighted equal to the other five members of the Security Council (1 vote).