On the Subject of Shoddy Chess
- At first, this module will show a number, and a button labled !!!.
- After a module is solved, the number will change to a coordinate cooresponding to a location on an 8x8 chess board.
- For each stage you will have to move a piece to the coordinate shown on the module, the piece to move is the current piece in the move queue. If the current piece cannot move, skip to the next piece.
Normal Chess rules apply with some exceptions:
- There is no check or stalemate victory, the goal is to kill the king. This can cause the king to be killed. If this ever happens, press the !!! button and you will be taken to a chess board where you will recreate the chess board after the king had been killed.
- White doesn't always start moving, as stated in section 1.
- There is no Castling or "En passant".
- Pawn only gets promoted to queen.
- Once all other modules have been solved, and a king has not been taken out, you will be taken to the same 8x8 chess board where you will have to recreate the final board. The king and all other pieces that didn't move will be preplaced.
- Cycle the pieces using the arrow keys and change color by pressing the display. To clear a piece, hold the display until it turns red, and press the pieces you wish to clear. Then press the display again to exit clear mode.
- Note that you can't clear any of the initially placed pieces.
- To submit your answer, press any king.
- If a pawn reaches the opposite side of the board it will be transformed into a queen. That piece will be continued to be referred as P(#) but will act like a queen. The same applies to the recreation of the board.
- If the current piece in the queue is dead, skip to the next piece, and if that is dead, skip to the next etc.
- See appendix Chessboard8x8 for a table of the initial state of the board, and every short form's meaning.
*Some modules are ignored by Shoddy Chess modules.