On the Subject of Silo Authorization
There's no way to win. The game itself is pointless!
- Press the “Receive” button. After 20%–40% of the bomb’s remaining time has passed, or a minimum of 30 seconds, an encrypted message will be spoken. You may repeat the message as desired by pressing “Receive” again, still waiting 30 seconds after the button is pressed. If you strike, a new message is generated.
- Ignore the first part of the message. The important parts are:
- the code (a color followed by “Alpha”);
- two messages of four characters each (spoken one after another as an 8-character sequence);
- an authentication code (4 digits).
- Obtain the Silo ID and the Launch Location as follows. Each consists of three base-36 digits. Take the values modulo 36.
Silo IDuse first letter of SN instead of 0 (zero) Launch Location 1 number of battery holders number of solvable modules 2 number of batteries number of unsolved modules 3 number of port plates number of solved modules
- Decrypt both messages as described in the section Encryption/Decryption below. The decrypted messages are 3 characters each (total of 6 characters).
- Multiply the first of those 6 characters with the first character of the serial number, the second with the second, etc., then add up the results. Letters are A=10, ..., Z=35.
- If this sum does not equal the received authentication code, your response message will be as follows:
- 1st character of the first decrypted message
- 2nd character of the second decrypted message
- 3rd character of the first decrypted message