On the Subject of Silo Authorization
There's no way to win. The game itself is pointless!
There are two buttons, two lights, and 14 multi-segment displays. You must receive an encrypted message and respond with your own. Note: All calculations are assumed to be in base 36, meaning 0-9 & A-Z, unless noted otherwise.
Received MessageAfter you press the receive button, an encrypted message will be spoken to the defuser after 20% - 40% of the bomb's remaining time has passed, or a minimum of 30 seconds. You may repeat the message as many times as you would like, still waiting 30 seconds after the button is pressed. If you strike, you will be given a new message.
- The first character of a part indicates how the following three were encrypted. See "Encryption" for how to decrypt the individual parts.
- The Authentication Code verifies the decrypted message. See "Authentication" for how to calculate the code, with your offset being the serial number.
- Each of these parts (the first and second part of the message, as well as the Authentication Code) can be individually valid.
- The first part, decrypted, is valid if it matches an indicator present on the bomb. If there are no indicators, use MRP.
- The second part, decrypted, is valid if each individual character is contained in the serial number.
- The Authentication Code, in base 10, is valid if it matches what is given.