On the Subject of Simon Shapes
A pattern is a pattern is a pattern.
- This module has 6 colored buttons (colored red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow) and 3 gray buttons forming a 3×3 grid.
- For each stage, there will be a flashing sequence of 2-5 colors. Using the positions of the flashes in reading order (indexing from 1, and only counting the colored squares), create a shape from Table B and input the row and column colors of the shape back into the module. The inputs should stack upon each stage.
- After 2-5 successful stages, the colors will stop flashing. The cells used in the previous stages will make another shape in Table B. Form that shape using the 3x3 grid to solve the module.
- NOTE: Shapes can wrap around the table in both Table A and B.
For each stage, determine a reference digit using edgework:
- Stage 1: Sum of the serial number digits % 12
- Stage 2: (Batteries + Ports)2 % 12
- Stage 3 and onwards: Sum of the alphabetic positions of the first letter of each indicator % 12
Find the stage’s first flash within the row/column of the reference digit. Move around the grid to adjacent cells (not diagonally) that match the position of each flash. This should result in a shape from Table B.