On the Subject of Simon Shrieks
I... I don’t know if I want to do this anymore...
- Four colors will flash in a sequence. Each subsequent stage adds two more colors. There are three stages.
- Using the figure on the next page, find the 5×5 square corresponding to the color that flashed first.
- Use the center of that 5×5 square as your starting point.
For each color that follows, move towards the center of that color’s 5×5 square.
- Move one space at a time.
- Move in the direction with the greatest amount of spaces between the center of the current position of your 5×5 square, and the center of that color’s 5×5 square.
- Move only in orthogonal directions (left, right, up or down), except when the amount of spaces in both orthogonal directions is the same; at that point move diagonally.
- Count the colors in this new 5×5 square. The colors are (R)ed, (B)lue, (G)reen, (Y)ellow, (M)agenta, (C)yan, and (W)hite.
- Press the colored buttons in the order from least to most occurrences according to the following rules:
- If the serial number contains a vowel: Only press the colors with an even number of occurrences.
- If the serial number does not contain a vowel: Only press the colors with an odd number of occurrences.
- If colors tie on occurrence, press the tied colors in the order of their first occurrence in the 5×5 square in reading order.
- If the sequence restarts flashing after you have entered a partial answer, your input is reset.