On the Subject of Simon Stops
If you don't hear something, think quick, or you might be hearing something real loud real soon...
- The module consists of six octagonal buttons which will flash in an output series. Their corresponding tones will also play.
- This sequence will repeat indefinitely until the defuser presses one of the buttons. After ten seconds with no defuser input, the sequence will restart and any input for that stage is erased. Stage 1 has three flashes, with each successive stage increasing in length by one.
- Using Table A below, translate the output sequence to an input sequence, then press the buttons in that order.
- Once during each input sequence, the LED attached to the previously pressed button will remain on and there will be no tone. The defuser must use a Control Input to continue. Determine this Control Input by using Table B.
- If the defuser presses an incorrect button, or if the defuser fails to make a Control Input within three seconds of being prompted for one, a strike will be recorded and input reset.
- Colors are in ROYGBV order, with red at the 12 o'clock position, orange at 2 o'clock, and so on.
Table A: Normal Input
|Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3|
*** Rotate the original color by one clockwise for each battery on the bomb.