On the Subject of Simon’s Stages
Simon’s angsty teenage years; in monochrome and causing as much pain as possible...
- The module shows a stage counter, a colour indicator and ten flashing lights with corresponding buttons.
- The lights will flash in one of ten colours (see the below table). An initial will confirm the colour for both the light and the colour indicator.
- On solving each non-ignored module, a 3–5 note sequence will flash, a colour will be displayed on the indicator and the solve counter will increase by one.
- Take note of the sequence and the colour of the indicator.
- When Simon’s Stages is the last solvable module, the solve counter will go blank and the indicator will emit a steady blink.
- The module is now ready to be solved. Attempting to press any button before the module is ready to be solved will cause a strike.
- Submit the correct sequence for each stage (in order) in accordance with the rules in the below table. The final press of a stage will be signified by a stronger interaction punch upon pressing the button.
|Red||Submit the sequence exactly as it flashed|
|Blue||Submit the sequence in reverse|
|Yellow||Submit the first two colours of the sequence|
|Orange||Submit the first two colours of the sequence in reverse|
|Magenta||Submit the last two colours of the sequence|
|Green||Submit the last two colours of the sequence in reverse|
|Pink||Submit the colours opposite the sequence|
|Lime||Submit the colours opposite the sequence in reverse|
|Cyan||Submit the colours opposite the first and the last colours of the sequence|
|White||Submit the colours opposite the third and second colours of the sequence|
- If you make an error, a strike will occur upon completion of the sequence.
- A continuous sequence of the stages where an error occurred will be played.
- When the error sequence has played, a 5-second pause will occur. You can then start to re-submit the sequences. Only re-submit incorrect sequences.
- When you have successfully submitted the full sequence correctly, the module will disarm.