On the Subject of Simon’s Stages
Simon’s angsty teenage years; in monochrome and causing as much pain as possible... And now revenge is reaching closer than ever.
- The module shows a stage counter, a colour indicator and ten flashing lights with corresponding buttons underneath.
- On solving each module*, a 3-5 note sequence will flash, a colour will be displayed on the indicator and the stage counter will increase by one.
- The lights will flash in one of ten colours (see the below table). A corresponding letter will confirm the colour for the flashed light and another for the colour indicator for that stage.
- Take note of the sequence and the colour of the indicator. Do not press any buttons during this instance as that will result in a strike.
- When Simon’s Stages is one of the last solvable modules, the solve counter will go blank and the indicator will emit a steady blink. At this point, the module is now ready to be solved.
- Input the correct sequence for each stage (from 01 to the last available stage) in accordance with the rules in the table below. The final press of a stage will be signified by a stronger interaction punch upon pressing the button.
|Indicator Colour||Sequence to Input|
|(R)ed||Exactly the full sequence|
|(B)lue||Full sequence in reverse|
|(Y)ellow||First two colours of the sequence|
|(O)range||First two colours of the sequence in reverse|
|(M)agenta||Last two colours of the sequence|
|(G)reen||Last two colours of the sequence in reverse|
|(P)ink||Colours opposite of the sequence|
|(L)ime||Colours opposite of the sequence in reverse|
|(C)yan||Colours opposite of the first and last colours of the sequence|
|(W)hite||Colours opposite of the third and second colours of the sequence|
These indicator colours may not be identical to the module provided. The defuser may call for positions of the flashing lights in the sequence in reading order and the letter for the indicator colour instead if the defuser has colour deficiency.