On the Subject of the Solitaire Cipher
It's not a game anymore, it's a cipher now.
On the screen currently, you'll see a 6 letter encrypted word at the top with a submission cursor on the bottom.
Pressing the blue circular button will toggle the screen to a new page. This new page will consist of 27 characters, 25 of them being A - Y, and the other 2 being 1 and 2. This is the key used to encrypt the word. Pressing the button again will bring it back to the other screen.
The green circular button will submit any input you made while the red circular button will clear all input.
Submit the decrypted word to disarm the module.
For each letter, this cipher makes it go through 2 steps: Shuffle and Encrypt.
It first shuffles the key around using a set of instructions. Then encrypts the letter using Vigenere as it's main method. Thus, this creates a running keystream that seems random.
Fear not! For the instructions below will explain how the shuffling and decrypting process works.
- Shift the character 1 to the right once, wrapping around if necessary.
- Shift the character 2 to the right twice, wrapping around if necessary.
- Swap the characters to the left of the leftmost number with the characters to the right of the rightmost number.
- Count off the number of characters on the left equal to the alphanumeric position of last character of the key.
- Take these characters and insert them inbetween the 2nd to last and last character of the key.
The steps above can be simplified to this to make it easier to remember: Shift 1 and 2, Triple Cut, Count Cut.