On the Subject of Spelling Bee
All the pressure of spelling words you’re never going to see again has been amplified because now if you spell the words wrong, you die!
- This module consists of a keyboard on the bottom side of the module as well as a play button and a small display on the top side of the module.
- When the play button is pressed, a male voice will say a hard-to-spell word.
- After the voice clip has finished, the defuser will have one minute to type out the word said by the clip. The defuser can press the play button as many times as desired within the one-minute period.
- As the defuser types out the word, it will appear in the display.
- Press the green button under the display to submit the word and the red button under the display to clear the word.
- If one minute elapses* after the voice clip finishes for the first time or the defuser submits an incorrect spelling of the word, a strike is issued and a different word is generated.
- Refer to the table on the next page for possible words that may show up on the module.
- 'Vermillion' is another acceptable spelling for 'Vermilion'.
*The timer only calculates the difference between when you press play and that time minus 60 seconds, which causes weird effects in Time Mode (Solving modules increases the time limit), Zen Mode (The timer goes up instead of down), and Steady Mode (Striking on other modules decreases the time limit).