On the Subject of Spelling Buzzed
If I were a bad speller, I wouldn't be sitting here discussing it with you, now would I?
- This module has seven hexagonal keys with a letter printed on each one. Use the letter keys and the round Submit button to submit a valid word in each of three stages. There are many possible valid words.
- Someone's spilled drink has caused the module circuitry to malfunction. Before checking if your word is valid, the circuitry shifts each letter around the Alphabet Dial by a certain amount of spaces and in a certain direction (either clockwise or counter-clockwise). A letter can only be shifted to some letter in the same ring of the Alphabet Dial — for example, a vowel is always shifted to a vowel.
- At each stage, read the BAC (binary alcohol corruption) percentage on the display. Using the BAC percentage and the rules on the next page, determine the shift amount and shift direction.
A word is valid if all of the following are true:
- It is a common English word that is not vulgar.
- It is between four and eight letters long, inclusive.
- It contains the shifted center key letter.
- It has not been submitted in a prior stage.
- To clear your input and show the BAC percentage on the display, press the square Reset button.