On the Subject of Superparsing
Bringing the heat.
- This module contains a blank letter display on the top and four squares with different selectables on each, all on top of a metallic red background. There is also a timer bar on the right which begins empty.
- To activate the module, press the letter display. A four letter English word will appear on the display, and the timer bar will begin to fill. Use the displayed word in conjunction with the instructions below to calculate the correct submission for each square. Successfully submitting any of the four squares turns its border white and resets the timer bar back to 10 seconds.
- Complete all four squares in any order to solve the module. Submitting an incorrect square state or letting the timer bar run out results in a strike and resets the module.
Square I: Quadrants
- Concatenate all of the digits in the serial number. Modulo this by 4 and add 1. Let this number be called N.
- Assign the letters of the word from left to right to the quadrants in reading order.
- Sort the letters in the word in alphabetical order. Press the quadrant assigned to the Nth letter of the sorted word.
- Ties are broken from left to right in the original word.
Square II: Switches
- Two switches need to be set to their correct positions (up or down):
- Use the number of lit indicators minus the number of unlit indicators in the below table to obtain a condition.
- If this difference is not in the table, use the N/A row.
|-2||Comes before the 4th character of the serial number in the alphabet|
|-1||Is within the range A-M (inclusive)|
|0||Is a vowel|
|1||Is within the range N-Z (inclusive)|
|2||Comes after the 5th character of the serial number in the alphabet|
|N/A||Is a consonant|