On the Subject of Table Madness
The flavor text must be lost in one of these tables...
This module consists of a display with a coordinate, and two bigger displays which can be changed using arrow buttons to select a final coordinate.
- In order to solve this module, you must navigate a mess of tables to find a final coordinate. The arrows can be used to display this final coordinate, and then the screen at the top can be pressed to submit the answer.
- If you try to submit when the displays are not set to the correct coordinate, you will receive a strike, and nothing will reset on the module.
- The tables are nested. This means that sometimes a cell in a table refers to a table, and sometimes it refers to a coordinate in a table.
- In these tables, letters A-E are used as the rows from top to bottom, and numbers 1-5 are used as the columns from left to right. The top left cell of each table is located at position A1.
Untangling the mess
- First, find the starting table and cell. The small display in the top left (which is also the submit button) displays the coordinates of the first cell. To get the starting table, use the first letter and first number of the serial number. If the letter is out of the range A-E, convert to the corresponding value A1Z26 and subtract 5 until it is in the range 1-5 then convert back to the corresponding letter A-E. Convert the first number of the serial to a number in the range 1-5 in a similar way. This letter number pair is your starting table.
- You will also have to determine the number of iterations. To do this, take all the digits in the serial, and add them together. Subtract or add 3 to the sum until it is in the range 3-5. This is the number of iterations you will have to make through the next section of the manual before you are finished and have a solution.