On the Subject of Tennis
Game, set, and match.
- The module displays the names of two players and the score table of a tennis match in progress. The names imply whether it’s a women’s or men’s game.
- Observe the surface of the tennis court to determine which tournament is in progress:
- Hard court (blue): US Open at Flushing Meadows
- Lawn (green): The Championships at Wimbledon
- Clay (orange): French Open Roland-Garros
- Convert each character of the bomb’s serial number into a 5-digit binary number by using the following table.
Char Binary Char Binary Char Binary Char Binary 0 00000 9 01001 I 01110 R 10111 1 00001 A 00110 J 01111 S 11000 2 00010 B 00111 K 10000 T 11001 3 00011 C 01000 L 10001 U 11010 4 00100 D 01001 M 10010 V 11011 5 00101 E 01010 N 10011 W 11100 6 00110 F 01011 O 10100 X 11101 7 00111 G 01100 P 10101 Y 11110 8 01000 H 01101 Q 10110 Z 11111
- Concatenate these into a 30-digit string of binary digits. In this string, a 1 represents a point scored by the serving player, a 0 a point for the opponent.
- If either player wins the match at any point, click that player’s name and ignore any extraneous binary digits.
- Otherwise, enter the new score after this sequence of 30 rallies (exchanges).
- Click any digit box to increment or cycle the score in that box.
- Click on the first blank set scorebox to add a set.
- Click the tennis racket to switch between three different modes (0/15/30/40 scoring; deuce/advantage; and tie break).
- Long-press the number boxes in the center to reset those scores to 0–0.
- Long-press a score in a set to remove that set and all subsequent sets.
- Long-press the tennis racket to reset the module to its original scores.