On the Subject of Ternary Converter
There are +0 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who have ascended to balanced ternary, the ultimate number system
- On the module you see 5 input buttons, a Submit, a Clear button and 3 displays.
- The upper displays shows a number in a range of 0-9999 in either standard ternary or balanced ternary form.
- The lower display shows the number you entered so far.
- The side display will show the number in decimal (base 10) after you solved the module.
- To disarm the module enter the number in it's other ternary form! (If the display shows it in standard you need to input it in balanced and vice versa.)
- Submitting an incorrect number will result in a strike.
What is standard and balanced ternary?
- Standard ternary: Normal base 3 form of a number (Using the digits 0; 1; 2)
- Balanced ternary: Base 3 form of a number using numbers 0; 1; -1
- Balanced ternary is shown using '+' instead of '1' and '-' instead of '-1'. For ex. 010(-1)1(-1)0 is 0+0-+-0