On the Subject of The Crystal Maze
Will you start the fans, please!
- Welcome cohorts, Reckless Rick at your service! Our cohort of intrepid adventurers are daring to challenge the Crystal Maze in the hope of winning a fabulous prize - the disarming of the module.
- You will face a series of challenges across four worlds: Aztec, Industrial, Futuristic and Medieval. The challenges you face will make or break you my fearless friends, as you contend with skill, physical, mental and mystery games.
- Succeeding at games will win you time crystals. Each time crystal buys you five seconds of time within the Crystal Dome, where you will face your final challenge.
- Remember cohorts, you may travel the world in any order you wish and attempt the Crystal Dome as soon as you have at least one time crystal. But beware, you may only attempt each world once and failure to win any crystals will reset the game and cause a strike.
- The unforgiving heat of the Aztec world makes for a perfect physical game. You have one minute to balance the scales.
- Add weight to the sand bag on the left by hammering the buttons. Keep your eye on them though; the buttons will switch around after a certain number of presses. The number of presses before a switch will remain consistent.
- Beware adding too much weight, for it cannot be removed once added.
- When you have added enough weight, press the add button to tip the scales.
- Balancing the weight exactly will unlock a crystal.
- The sunken and ruined Industrial world will test your cerebral faculties with this mental game. You have one minute to reverse the machine.
- Take the serial number of the machine and pay heed to these formulae:
- X = letter 1 + letter 5. Y = letter 2 + letter 4. Z = (X × Y) modulo letter 3.
- Enter Z into the screen to reverse the direction and unlock a crystal.
- Here's a handy little table for you to get a better grasp of those letters.