On the Subject of The Cube
The mothership has been contacted. They’ve sent an executive toy…
- The module consists of a rotating cube, a rotating stage spinner, four coloured wires, eight square variable buttons, two cipher displays and a circular submit button.
- To disarm the module, you must press the correct combination of buttons at each stage. Entering an incorrect combination will cause a strike.
- You need to obtain a final cipher, comprised of three initial ciphers in order to calculate the correct buttons for each stage.
The first cipher is obtained using the formulae in the below table. A '%' sign refers to the modulo operation.
Digit # Formula 1 (RC1 + F6 + WC3) % 10 2 (RC2 + F5 + WC4) % 10 3 (RC3 + F4 + WC1) % 10 4 (RC4 + F3 + WC2) % 10 5 (RC5 + F2) % 8 6 (RC6 + F1) % 9
Rotation Codes (RC)
- The cube will move six times before pausing briefly and repeating. Observe the cube’s movements to attain the rotation codes.
- Movement references are given from an aerial perspective.
- Wire references are counted at the wire starting block from top to bottom.
- Button colours are EXCLUSIVE of the circular submit button.
White wires and grey buttons are treated as the same colour.
Movement Rotation Code Rotate clockwise 4 Rotate counterclockwise 7 Tip forwards First digit of serial number Tip backwards Last digit of serial number Tip left # of buttons the same colour as the third wire Tip right # of buttons the same colour as first wire