On the Subject of The Garnet Thief
Surely, there is a way to win.
- A “The Garnet Thief” module has four faction buttons, the names of your seven competitors, and which of the factions each of them claim to have chosen.
- Play against your opponents in one round of Garnet Thief. If you select the faction which will grant you the most garnets, the module will solve. Otherwise, it will strike.
- The four factions are:
- Mafia (Red, Tommy Gun)
- Cartel (Green, Rifle)
- Police (Black, Badge)
- Beggars (White, Bowl)
- Each round, four garnets are available to be won. The garnets will be divided according to the following rules:
- If one of the criminal organizations (Mafia or Cartel) has more members than the other, the four garnets will be evenly split among all members of the more popular organization.
- If both criminal organizations have the same number of members, the four garnets will be evenly split among the Police.
- Any leftover garnets will be evenly split among the Beggars.
- Look up the names of the other players in Table A to see if they are lying. If a player is lying, then the faction they actually selected is determined by the row corresponding to the first true statement in Table B.
- If there is a tie for the faction choice that will grant you the greatest number of garnets, select the tied faction that fewer people actually selected. If the tie persists, select the tied faction that fewer people claimed. If the tie still persists, select any of any answers that are still tied.