On the Subject of The Moon
Brrr, it’s very cold here on the dark side. Who turned off the Sun?
- The module consists of eight blue crescents, eight blue half-moons, and a centre button. Buttons on the same compass point are considered to be a set.
- To defuse the module, you must press a sequence of buttons in the correct order. Pressing an incorrect button will cause a strike and reset the sequence.
- The module will always begin with four adjacent lit sets.
- Using the sets that are lit and the variable table below, determine which button in each set is correct.
- Warning: when you press a correct button, the light will switch on/off. The variable table always refers to the original configuration of lights.
- Unless otherwise stated, the positions referred to start in the left-most position (reading clockwise).
|1st lit set||2nd unlit set||3rd lit set||3rd lit set (from right)||4th unlit set||2nd unlit set (from right)||Final unlit set||Final set|
|D batteries||Consonants in serial||Digits in serial||AA batteries||Ports||Indicators||Modules||Port plates|
For each variable (x) modulo 7, the correct button is:
- x < 3 = outer button.
- 3 ≤ x < 5 = inner button.
- x ≥ 5 = centre button.