On the Subject of The Necronomicon
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.
- The module consists of a book, containing a portion of Abdul Alhazred’s “The Necronomicon” (original title: Kitab al-Azif), a cryptic manuscript containing many secrets of the cosmos. Its presence has caused a disturbance in the time-space continuum, resulting in the opening of a gate to The Dreamlands. In order to disarm the module, perform the correct incantation to close the portal and save all of Humanity!
- To perform an incantation, open the book in a specific chapter for a period of 5 seconds. Performing an incorrect incantation will cause a strike and forcefully close the book.
- Press the book’s cover to open it. The top of each page will display its chapter number. To turn a page, press its bottom right corner. If you find a page containing only 8 large symbols, you’re at the edge of madness. This is as far as you are able to study the book. Staying in this page for more than 5 seconds will always cause a strike and trying to turn it will forcefully close the book.
- In order to determine the correct incantation, you must first determine the origin of this copy of The Necronomicon. Refer to “Guide to The Dreamlands” in order to do this. Then, determine which chapters are eligible to contain the correct incantation using “Chapters of The Necronomicon”. Finally, consult “Closing a Gate” to determine chapter priority.
- Unfortunately, this excerpt of The Necronomicon is not written in its original Arabic or in any other human language. It is written in R’lyehian, an ancient cosmic language of which we know very little. Refer to “R’lyehian Glyphs and Vocabulary” to help translating any text.