On the Subject of The Pentabutton
Oh look, Alchemy's "Meta" symbol has its own module now!
This module presents a pentagonal button and a pentagonal base, which lights a certain colour when the button is held. The button will be labelled with a word. To solve the module, you must press and release the button at certain times. Pressing or releasing the button at an incorrect time will cause a strike upon releasing it.
Determining Correct Hold Times
Follow these rules in the order they are listed. With N being an integer and being equal to 1, perform any actions that apply:
- If the label is "PRESS", add the first digit of the serial number to N.
- If the label is "PENTA", add the last digit of the serial number to N.
- If the label is "PUNCH", add the sum of the digits in the serial number to N.
- If the last digit of the serial number is odd, add 2 to N.
- If N is even, divide it by 2. Otherwise, add 5 to N.
- If the amount of batteries is a prime number, add it to N. Otherwise, subtract it from N.
- If the label is 6 or more characters long, double N and subtract the amount of characters in the label.
- If N is odd, add 4 to N.
- If N is divisible by 3, add 3 to N.
After the above rules, add/subtract 10 until N is a single digit number. The button should be held when the last digit of the bomb's timer is equal to N.
Determining Correct Release Times
Refer to the table below to modify X, with X being an integer and being equal to the last digit of the serial number. Subtract 10 until X is a single digit number. The button should be released when the last digit of the bomb's timer is equal to X.
|Label is 6 or more characters long||+7||+3||+0||+8||+4|