On the Subject of The Sun
Is it hot in here or is it just me? No, seriously, is the air conditioning on at all?!
- The module consists of eight yellow triangles, eight orange arrows, a centre button and a lit LED. Buttons on the same compass point are considered to be a set.
- To defuse the module, you must press a sequence of buttons in the correct order. Pressing an incorrect button will cause a strike and reset the sequence.
- Using the location of the LED and the variable table below, determine which button in each set is correct. A ‘+’ sign indicates a clockwise movement.
|LED||LED +1||LED +2||LED +3||LED +4||LED +5||LED +6||LED +7|
|Indicators||Consonants in serial||Batteries||Digits in serial||Ports||Modules||Battery holders||Port plates|
For each variable (x) modulo 7, the correct button is:
- x < 2 = outer button.
- 2 ≤ x < 5 = inner button.
- x ≥ 5 = centre button.
- To determine the order, start with the northern most set and move clockwise for the total number of modules on the bomb. This is your starting set.
- Convert your serial number letters into equivalent digits modulo 10.
Each movement to a new set is represented by a digit of the serial number. Use each digit in order. For each serial digit (d):
- d < 5 = counterclockwise movement.
- d > 4 = clockwise movement.
- For each movement, move only once in the given direction.
- Do not answer the same set twice. If you are moved onto a solved set, continue moving in the given direction until you reach an unsolved set.
- After progressing through the digits of the serial number, you will have one set remaining. This is your final set.
- The module will be solved once you have correctly pressed your eight button sequence or when you have pressed the centre button.