On the Subject of The Swan
minutes seconds, the button must be pushed...
SEE APPENDIX SW74 FOR THE ORIENTATION MANUAL OF STATION 3.
- The module consists of twelve keypads, an 'Execute' button, a computer screen and a countdown timer.
- Every 108 seconds, the button must be pushed. From the moment the alarm sounds, you will have 40 seconds to enter the code and push the execute button.
- The code is always the same: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
- Entering the wrong code will clear the screen and cause a strike.
- Failing to push the button will cause a system failure and a strike.
- Each time you enter the code and push the button, a system reset will be initiated and the timer will restart.
- It is vital that you keep track of the number of times the system has been reset, as this information is used to disarm the module.
- Only entering the numbers and pushing the button in a timely fashion will constitute a system reset.
- Some time after 40% of the bomb's modules are solved (or when the bomb timer has three minutes remaining), alternative input commands will appear after a system reset.
- Please note, if the bomb timer reaches three minutes, the timer may reset to 108 mid-cycle. This DOES NOT constitute a system reset.
- Once the alternative input commands have appeared, you will have 108 seconds to calculate and enter the correct disarm code, which can be determined using the rules, exceptions and number sequences below.
- Exceptions take priority over all other rules, with exception three taking highest priority. Ensure you have read and understood them.
- If the number of resets does not appear on any sequence, enter DHARMA.
- If the number of resets multiplied by eight is within two of any number in Radzinsky's Binomial Spiral, enter HATCH.
- If the third number of each sequence, when added to the number of resets, yields a composite number, enter SWN.
- If the number of resets appears on more than one sequence, enter DARMA.
- If no rules apply, enter SWAN.
- If more than one rule applies, enter HTCH.
- If the number of resets is 25 or greater, enter 77.
|Name||First Twelve Integers|
|Radzinsky's Binomial Spiral||7, 15, 27, 39, 59, 75, 87, 107, 123, 143, 159, 179...|
|Bakunin's Constants||2, 3, 6, 7, 12, 13, 18, 22, 27, 30, 31, 35...|
|DeGroot's Sequence||0, 1, 5, 13, 20, 23, 29, 31, 32, 46, 52, 75...|
|Minkowski's Cyclic Quadratics||4, 9, 11, 15, 17, 22, 30, 35, 41, 49, 56, 63...|