On the Subject of Three Cryptic Steps
When solving modules isn’t as easy as 1, 2, 3.
This module presents three different steps that must be completed to solve the module.
The module has two colored buttons, a left button and a right button. Press the correct colored button at the correct time to complete the step.
Each colored button is only valid on specific times.
- All times consider the total seconds remaining on the bomb's timer modulo 10 minutes.
- All times on even seconds are invalid.
- All valid times for the right button are prime.
- All valid times for the left button are composite.
- All valid times must share the same prime/composite status as the same time 4 seconds lower (negative numbers count as invalid).
- All valid times are irrelevant when the bomb's minutes display is 32 minutes. Just press the right button anytime.
The module now displays a 5×5 grid of colored buttons. Pressing the buttons will change the colors of other buttons.
The colors on the buttons always cycle in this order:
Red -> Yellow -> Green -> Cyan -> Blue -> Magenta -> Red
- Red changes all buttons orthogonally adjacent to the button.
- Yellow changes all buttons diagonally adjacent to the button.
- Green changes all adjacent buttons above and below the button.
- Cyan changes all adjacent buttons to the left and right of the button.
- Blue changes all adjacent buttons to the button.
- Magenta changes the buttons of the four corners of the grid.
Use the buttons to form the shapes of numbers. A number is registered when all squares that make up the number's pattern are the same color. The color used to form the number is stored for that number. Do not store the same color for different numbers.