On the Subject of Touch Transmission
Something’s wrong I can feel it!
- Pressing the play button will cause the region within the center of the ring to play a series of 18 pulses. Each pulse will last one timer tick.
- The pulses represent Braille, where a raised dot will be represented by the inside of the ring being raised, while a flat space will be represented by the area laying flat.
- The pattern of the flashes spell a 3-glyph Braille word, but in one of three orders. The orders are specified below.
Standard Braille Order
Individual Reading Order
Merged Reading Order
- When the three Braille characters are decoded, they should spell out an English word.
- If the serial number contains a vowel, shift every letter of this word backwards one place in the alphabet. Otherwise shift the letters forward. Wrap around from Z to A.
- Convert this word to Braille, prioritizing glyphs which can represent multiple characters. Read this sequence of Braille glyphs using the previously used ordering.
- For each space in this order, if it has a dot, take its position within its own glyph and press that position on the module. Otherwise, continue to the next space.
- If an incorrect position is pressed, restart from the beginning of the submission.