On the Subject of Turn Four
"Spin that bitch!" - William Shakespeare
This module consists of four nodes, two gears, and nine coloured tiles each labelled with an underlined number.
There is one tile of each colour:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Pink, browN, and grEy.
To disarm this module, the puzzle must be put into its solve state, shown in the image above.
To do this, enter a combination of inputs:
- Any node can be selected at any time. The selected node is lit.
- Selecting the left gear will rotate the four tiles adjacent to the selected node 90° clockwise around the node.
- Selecting the right gear will rotate the four tiles adjacent to the selected node 90° anticlockwise around the node.
To construct the sequence of inputs:
- Use the digit of the G tile to construct a sequence of six colours.
- Use each colour in the sequence together with serial number digit that shares its position in the sequence to find six subsequences of three inputs each.
- Transform each subsequence with the modifiers corresponding to each of the previous colours in the sequence from right to left.
- Concatenate the subsequences in order to obtain the eighteen input long sequence with which the puzzle has been scrambled. Invert this sequence.
The spring locks in the module are wound up when a rotation is made.
Rotating a node unwinds the spring locks of the other nodes.
Undoing a rotation reverts the spring locks to their previous states.
The puzzle is reset if any spring lock is wound up four times.
The puzzle must only be reset when a digit on the bomb timer matches
the digit of the R tile.