On the Subject of Typing Tutor
Full-sized keyboards are a bit unwieldly when shrunk down to fit on a module. It has been done, but the end result isn't the easiest thing to use. We do have some 4-key keyboards in the back, but we ask that you please bring your own. Oh, and about this being a tutor? It's really more so the "figure it out on your own" type of tutor.
It's recommended that the defuser have easy access to a functional keyboard. For information on how to configure and operate this mod without the use of a keyboard as well, as what to do in case of strange module behavior, refer to Appendix NK: Typing Tutor Mod Settings.
- This module consists of two screens layed overtop of one another. These screens will initially be blank.
- When this module activates, a word will appear on the top screen.
- Use your keyboard to type the word from the top screen onto the bottom screen, then press the Enter/Return key. Do this three times in 45 seconds to disarm the module.
- The bottom screen text changes color depending on what's typed so far. Green text means the word is good to submit. Red text means an incorrect character was typed.
- An character can be deleted using the Backspace key.
- Don't forget to select the module before beginning to type.
- There's no penalty for typing wrong characters or attempting to submit an incorrect string, so feel free to try as many times as necessary.
- Failure to type three words within the time limit will result in a strike.