On the Subject of Venn Diagrams
Personally, I think George Boole was a tad bit illogical.
- This module consists of 8 buttons, one for each enclosed section of the Venn diagram and one representing the area not enclosed in any section of the diagram.
- The three circles are referred to as "A" (top-left), "B" (top-right), "C" (bottom). The bottom-left circle is referred to as "O", which represents a set not in "A", "B", nor "C".
- To disarm the module, select the area described by the statement at the bottom of the module.
- The bottom screen contains the three letters representing the circles, a pair of parentheses which indicate which operation to do first, and two set symbols, denoting inclusion in a set.
- The pictures below show what each symbol represents and which parts it includes, with the included parts shaded in.
- Pressing a button not part of the set will result in a strike.
|A ∩ B
|A ∪ B
|A \ B
|A Δ B