On the Subject of Video Poker
It’s like Silly Slots, but with a higher payback rate.
- This module consists of a video poker machine with a blue background and five yellow buttons on the bottom. If the background isn’t blue, you’re looking at a different module.
- To disarm this module, play five hands in a row using optimal strategy.
- Any nonoptimal play will result in a strike.
- Once disarmed, you can continue to play video poker without penalty.
- The module can also be disarmed with a single payout of 1200 credits or more (see the section on jackpots for more information).
Rules of Video Poker
- Video poker is played with a standard (virtual) 52-card deck.
Play begins by betting between 1 and 5 credits using the BET ONE and BET MAX buttons, then pressing the DEAL button.
- WARNING: Since jackpots pay more relative to a 5-credit bet than any other bet size, attempting to start a hand without a 5-credit bet is considered nonoptimal and will result in a strike, as well as resetting the streak of correctly played hands.
- The game deals the player five cards at random.
- The player chooses which cards to keep and which cards to discard. Tap a card to mark or unmark it as held. The play may hold any number of cards, including none or all five of them.
- After the player presses DRAW, the game replaces the discarded cards (if any) with new cards chosen at random from the same deck.
- The resulting poker hand is evaluated and the player is paid out according to the game’s pay table.
- Any payout of 1200 credits or more is considered a jackpot. Triggering a jackpot will cause the machine to display the message CALL ATTENDANT.
- If this happens, a CLAIM button will appear. Press it to receive your payout and disarm the module.
- You will still be able to play video poker freely afterwards.
- Jackpots earned after the module is disarmed are claimed in the same way.