On the Subject of Entering the World of Mods
Oooo, pretty modules! Touchy touchy!
Welcome to a fun time in KTANE! This guide will help you get started with everything you’ll need for the wonderful world of modded modules!
Step 1: Acquire mods
- Subscribe to the The Full KTANE Experience collection.
- (Optional) Subscribe to anything else in the Steam Workshop.
- Wait a while for the mods to finish installing.
Step 2: Acquire manuals
- Visit The Repository of Manual Pages.
- Click on the arrow next to a module’s name to access all manuals (including cheat sheets and more).
- Open the “Filters & more” menu. Adjust the filter options to your liking.
Step 3: Defuser/veto profiles
- Load up the game and click on “Enable mods”.
- Wait a while for the game to load all the mods.
- Pick up the mod selector (the thing that looks like an iPad) and click “Open Mod Profiles Folder”.
- Go to The Repository of Manual Pages, click on “Profiles” at the top, and download the veto profiles listed on the left. Put them inside the folder that appeared in the previous step.
- In the game, you can now use the mod selector to veto (exclude) modules that are too hard to defuse when you’re still new.
- In the future, you can create your own veto profile to decide exactly which modules to exclude.
If you’d like a more detailed tutorial on how to use the mod selector, Ashthebash made a Tutorial Video for it.