On the Subject of Understanding Hexiom
So much guessing... There has to be a pattern in these...
The original manual can be found here.
If the defuser is very stuck, here are some hints that the defuser can use to help disarm the module.
- All numbered tiles adjacent to a 6 must be at least a 3.
- All numbered tiles adjacent to a 5 must be at least a 2.
- All numbered tiles adjacent to a 4 must be at least a 1.
- Count the number of possible connections for a numbered tile in that position, which are surrounding tiles that are either a movable numbered tile, a locked numbered tile, or a tile for placing numbered tiles. If that is less than the number shown on that tile, that numbered tile cannot be placed there.
- 0's cannot be adjacent to locked numbered tiles. This includes when the locked numbered tile is a 0.
- Locked tiles that overlap connecting tiles can enforce specific tiles to be placed within the overlapping tiles.